Looking for fresh ideas to get your students more engaged? We provide a variety of learning opportunities to support teaching in any environment.
Our trainings and workshops are virtual and open to anyone teaching a WSU course on any WSU campus.
Note: We are switching registration systems. If you attempt to log into the registration system and receive the message: Error Code: Unable to locate account ‘firstname.lastname’, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, WSU email and network ID. Once added, you will be able to successfully register for our training and other events. Thank you for your patience!
Workshops and Events Happening Soon
VoiceThread is a tool used to engage students in meaningful conversations around media.
As we transition to Canvas, our educational technologies transition as well.
Use this tool to proactively engage students in reading and provide a focus of conversation with automatically graded annotations.
All Workshops and Events
- Learn about our Fall 2021 Faculty-Led Workshops
- You can access Training Recordings and Handouts
- Would you like to receive a weekly reminder of upcoming events? Send us an email!
AOI Open Lab
Can’t wait for another training to roll around? Need help now? Join us in the AOI Open Lab!
Monday-Friday 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
Zoom Link: Join AOI Open Lab
Are these scheduled events at inconvenient times for you? Do you have a group you’d like trained at one time? Schedule a custom training session! Use the online Request Training form to tell us what topic you’re interested in or the teaching issue you’d like to address.
Learning Management Systems
- Getting Started in Canvas | Slides (pdf)
- Getting Started in Canvas | Recording
- Canvas Assignments and Rubrics | Slides (pdf)
- Canvas Assignments and Rubrics | Recording
- Canvas Tests and Quizzes | Slides (pdf)
- Canvas Gradebook | Slides (pdf)
- Canvas Gradebook | Recording
- Blackboard Learn Assignment and Rubrics Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Blackboard Learn Tests and Quizzes Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Panopto In Depth Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Perusall Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Zoom Virtual Classroom Training Advanced Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- VoiceThread | Slides (pdf)
- Inclusive Pedagogy: A Community of Practice Approach—In collaboration with The WSU Office of Community, Equity and Social Justice | Inclusive Pedagogy Recording | Transcript (pdf)