Looking for fresh ideas to get your students more engaged? We provide a variety of learning opportunities to support teaching in any environment.
Our trainings and workshops are virtual and open to anyone teaching a WSU course on any WSU campus.
Note: We have switched registration systems. If you attempt to log into the registration system and receive the message: Error Code: Unable to locate account “firstname.lastname,” please contact email@example.com with your name, WSU email and network ID. Once added, you will be able to successfully register for our training and other events. Thank you for your patience!
Attend a Training Session or Workshop
Canvas (Learning Management System)
- Getting Started
- Tests and Quizzes
- Assignments and Quizzes
Educational Technology Tools
- Panopto Basics
- Panopto and Canvas
- VoiceThread Basics
- VoiceThread and Canvas
- Perusall and Canvas: Ensure your Students are Reading
Faculty-Led Workshops/Teaching Conversations and Idea Exchanges
- Faculty-Led Workshops
- Community of Practice Opportunities
- Teaching Innovation Forum
Are these scheduled events at inconvenient times for you? Do you have a group you’d like trained at one time? Schedule a custom training session! Use the online Request Training form to tell us what topic you’re interested in or the teaching issue you’d like to address.
Learning Management Systems
- Getting Started in Canvas | Slides (pdf)
- Getting Started in Canvas | Recording
- Canvas Assignments and Rubrics | Slides (pdf)
- Canvas Assignments and Rubrics | Recording
- Canvas Tests and Quizzes | Slides (pdf)
- Canvas Gradebook | Slides (pdf)
- Canvas Gradebook | Recording
- Panopto In Depth Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Perusall Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Zoom Virtual Classroom Training Advanced Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- VoiceThread | Slides (pdf)
- Inclusive Pedagogy: A Community of Practice Approach—In collaboration with The WSU Office of Community, Equity and Social Justice | Inclusive Pedagogy Recording | Transcript (pdf)