Academic Outreach and Innovation will begin a training series in early March focused on fall courses with enrollments of 100 or larger. This series will explore various synchronous and asynchronous classroom engagement options for faculty to evaluate. Interested faculty should send an email to email@example.com or monitor AOI workshop details below.
Looking for fresh ideas to get your students more engaged? We provide a variety of learning opportunities to support teaching in any environment.
Our trainings and workshops are virtual and open to anyone teaching a WSU course on any WSU campus.
All Workshops and Events
All Workshops and Event Zoom Links
Workshops and Events Happening Soon
In this training, we will cover effective ways to assess student learning in your online course space.
VoiceThread is a tool used to engage students in meaningful conversations around media. Learn the basics features including how to create, comment, collaborate, and share with your class.
Learn how to engage students in meaningful conversation by interacting with their peers and media.
Are these scheduled events at inconvenient times for you? Do you have a group you’d like trained at one time? Schedule a custom training session! Use the online Request Training form to tell us what topic you’re interested in or the teaching issue you’d like to address.
Learning Management Systems
- Getting Started in Canvas | Slides (pdf)
- Getting Started in Canvas | Recording
- Canvas Assignments and Rubrics | Slides (pdf)
- Canvas Assignments and Rubrics | Recording
- Canvas Tests and Quizzes | Slides (pdf)
- Canvas Gradebook | Slides (pdf)
- Canvas Gradebook | Recording
- Blackboard Learn Assignment and Rubrics Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Blackboard Learn Tests and Quizzes Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Panopto In Depth Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Perusall Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- Zoom Virtual Classroom Training Advanced Presentation | Slides (pdf)
- VoiceThread | Slides (pdf)
- Inclusive Pedagogy: A Community of Practice Approach—In collaboration with The WSU Office of Community, Equity and Social Justice | Inclusive Pedagogy Recording | Transcript (pdf)