Academic Outreach and Innovation (AOI) administers Washington State University’s standards-based video conference system to allow unprecedented access to education.
What is Video Conferencing?
Hundreds of classrooms and conference rooms across our state-wide system are outfitted with enterprise-level equipment to facilitate communication with fellow Cougs, and the rest of the world. Our branch campuses and extension sites can see eye-to-eye, while simultaneously sharing high definition computer content, without the need to travel. This allows access to expertise to not be limited by physical location and educational collaboration to extend beyond the walls of the physical location. Participants that do not have access to a dedicated room, such as guest speakers, can join in via their laptop.
Academic Outreach & Innovation collaborates with WSU partners in IT infrastructure and systems support in order to coordinate videoconference operations across the state. Through these efforts connections are scheduled, routed, and monitored for quality and timeliness. This service collaboration enables a standardization of operation, quality and unprecedented access to education.
Standard Room Equipment
- Large high definition projector or monitor for computer content
- Independent display for people
- Multiple cameras to display people via presets or automated camera tracking
- Total room microphone coverage with noise-blocking technology
- Tips for better video conferencing
- In person training is held at the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters.
- Tech Support
- Contact AOI Support:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 335‑5044
- Schedule an event via our Videoconference Meeting Request form
- Virtually visit the room beforehand on our room specification pages
- Connect with support personnel across the state listed on our directory