Excellence in Online Teaching Award
This award seeks to acknowledge and reward those faculty teaching Global Campus courses who go the extra mile to inspire and engage students in learning, support and care about students, and encourage students to do and be their best.
Annually, currently enrolled students receive an email invitation to nominate an instructor who fits this description by answering the questions at right. Nominated instructors are also assessed on responsiveness and engagement in the online course space.
Fry 2017 winner of Excellence in Online Teaching Award
Katy Fry, clinical assistant professor of history, received the student-nominated Excellence in Online Teaching Award.
“Dr. Fry was very responsive and dedicated to the online classroom. She pushed us to do our best by providing very specific feedback on assignments, by taking the time to clarify and thoroughly explain assignments and expectations, and by providing many sources for help.”
In 3-4 sentences please address each of the following:
- Describe how this instructor inspired you to learn.
- Describe how the instructor pushes students to do their best.
- How does the instructor engage in the “classroom” in a way that encourages thinking and learning?
- How did the faculty demonstrate care or concern for students?
Indicate the extent to which you agree/disagree with each of the following (Likert 1-5):
- The course space is a welcoming, safe environment where diverse viewpoints can be expressed.
- There is/was significant interaction, between the students and the instructor throughout the course.
- Course activities facilitate development of a connected class community.
- The instructor facilitates a connected class community.
- I understand how the assignments and assessments contribute to my learning.
- What I needed to do to be successful in the course was clear.