AOI | Learning Innovations
Weekly Tip: Polling in Perusall
Perusall has a new feature that allows you to add a poll to any resources that you upload for your students.
To add your poll:
- Select text from a document or make a comment on a video resource.
- Add instructions and your poll question in your comment, and then select the insert poll icon.
- Fill out the choices for the poll. Select “OK”.
- Select “Submit” to make the poll live.
- Select “Show results” button to see results.
- Select “Download results” to download a spreadsheet of the results.
One way you could use this feature is to initiate a think pair share activity. Start with a poll, then ask students to make arguments for why they think their answer is the best response. You could then follow up with another poll based on the same question to see if your students’ answers have changed.
This series of videos and teaching tips is presented by Academic Outreach and Innovation (AOI). We invite you to join the conversation. Share your tips and ask questions through this blog. If you would like these posts to be sent directly to your email each week, subscribe to the listserv by emailing email@example.com.
For more information or to schedule time with an instructional designer or emerging technologist, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or request training on demand. You can also visit the Spark Faculty Innovation Studio in room 102 any time from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday, during the academic year.