AOI | Learning Innovations
Communication: Summer Courses Using Perusall Migrating to Canvas
Global Campus email dated April 20, 2021
Subject: Important: Your Global Campus Summer [embedded course information] course
Dear Global Campus Faculty,
We are contacting you today regarding your [embedded course information] Summer 2021 Global Campus course in Blackboard. The Perusall integration is being turned off in Blackboard in order to be turned on in Canvas, which will impact your summer course. Therefore, to prevent a disruption of your Perusall use this summer, we will transition your Summer 2021 course to Canvas.
Global Campus will:
- Copy the content from the course’s previous offering and put it into the Summer 2021 Canvas space.
- Note: If there is existing content in your Summer 2021 Blackboard course, we will use this content instead.
- Arrange the course content to align with the GC template for Canvas, accessibility requirements, and the functionality of the Blackboard space.
- We will contact you directly if a situation arises in which we need your input to proceed.
- Send to you for review. The Course Verification process will still be used to confirm and communicate critical course information. Expect an email from Academic Outreach & Innovation Service Desk Course Verification.
- Note: We will be restarting this process for your summer course. Expect to receive another Cloning Verification email to review your new Canvas space.
- IMPORTANT: Wait for communication from GC before adjusting your Canvas space. If you are interacting with the course space before you receive the Cloning workflow, your content may be unintentionally deleted as part of the migration process.
- Add the Perusall integration into Canvas (estimated date: April 30). AOI will support you to add content and assignments as well as copy Perusall content from a previous course.
- Visit AOI’s On-Demand Support room. Someone is waiting in this Zoom room to assist you with this process Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Alternatively, email email@example.com to request an appointment with an instructional designer that can help you with Perusall and all things Canvas related.
Resources you can take advantage of:
- Attend or view Canvas Training (Live and Recorded)
- View videos
- Review the Canvas Faculty Guide
- Knowledge Base Article: Course Verification Instructions and Explanations
- Ask for Course Design assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for working with us through this transition.
Global Campus Staff