Excellence in Online Teaching Course
This course offers you both the practical expertise of WSU’s Instructional Designers and the research-proven best practices of online course design. It’s self-paced, non-credit, and consists of a series of online modules. It is designed for instructors with limited online teaching experience.
The course is about pedagogy not technology: You’ll hear a little about how to create an online course, but you’ll learn a lot about how to teach one.
- Become familiar with the research related to effective teaching and learning in the online environment.
- Understand and be able to implement key critical factors that promote learner success:
- Teaching Presence
- Student Engagement
- Active Learning
- Community Building
- Develop an understanding of online, non-traditional learners.
- Become familiar with learning theories, specifically as they relate to the online environment.
- Become familiar with online and open education resources to utilize in development and teaching of online courses.
- The course is free for all WSU staff, faculty, students, and non-WSU participants.
- Completion: In order to receive the Certificate of Completion you must pass the Final Assessment by 85% or greater.
- You may apply for 2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for this course. The fee is $16.00. The registration must be completed before you begin the course.
Already registered? Access the course
Questions about accessing the course? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.